With cannabis consumption gradually becoming more acceptable and accessible, lots of people who would have never thought of taking cannabis might be persuaded to give it a try. But wait, which is the most appropriate method of consuming marijuana?
Vaping or smoking, which is better?
The simple and suitable answer to this question is that; vaping is a more efficient and better method of taking cannabis. Think about this; up to 30 percent of the Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) found in cannabis is wiped out during the combustion process, especially when using a joint. On the contrary, the vaporization process preserves a big percentage of the THC creating a more potent experience for the user.
Smoking produces hazardous materials, like carcinogens, which are detrimental to your health. Vaping is a safer method since it exposes the user to a lesser amount of toxins. This translates to fewer respiratory diseases for people who vape.
This is helpful since many people with serious diseases such as HIV/AIDs or cancer, use cannabis for pain relief. And when a patient has a compromised immune system or is sick, it is advisable to not expose them to harmful substances.
Vaping also provides more discretion and convenience than smoking. Some vaporizers are portable, making them even more expedient for people who are always on the move.
How then do vaporizers work?
Vaporizers work by transmitting heated air via the dry herb as opposed to burning it. Actually, there are two ways of doing this.
The herb gets into contact with a heated up surface to generate vapor. Well, this method is prompt; however, it sometimes heats the cannabis unevenly. This sometimes leads to wastage, that is if you are not extra careful.
This method transmits heated air over the herb without getting into contact with the heated surface. Comparably, this method is efficient since it heats up the dry herb more evenly leading to a stronger vapor.
Here are some common types of vaporizers.
- Vape pens – These are the most discreet, portable and simple to use types of vaporizers. Because of their small size, they heat the dry herb via the conduction method as opposed to convention. That said, they are a perfect pick for individuals who are fresh to vaping.
- Dry herb vaporizers – These are bigger in size compared to vape pens but still discreet and portable. They can use either convention or conduction heating method – which largely contributes to a superb vaping experience.
- Desktop vaporizers – This is the most expensive and most advanced option of vaporizers. They are designed to be used at home and provide a sizeable herb capacity. Their heating system is a bit advanced than the portable devices; and for this reason, they can extract a superior flavor while excluding harmful toxins in the process.
Benefits of Vaping
Here are some reasons why recreational users and marijuana patients are widely embracing vaping technology.
- Vaporizing is a clear winner when it comes to avoiding respiratory diseases such as airway inflammation, wheeze, sputum production, cough, and Through vaporizing, you are likely to avoid a considerable percentage of toxins and irritants found in smoke.
- Vaporizers are well suited for extracting cannabinoids. This means, you will get a more potent dose and can use less stash to achieve the desired effects.
- Vaporizers are more discreet. The vapor produced from both conductive and conducive vaporizers is not as conspicuous as the typical smoke. So if you wish to be discreet about your marijuana consumption, then vaping is the perfect choice for you.
- Vaporized marijuana has a better taste since the flavor produced is free from the woody and harsh finish, which is synonymous with the typical smoking.
Some people might argue, rolling a blunt is far way cheaper than using a vaporizer to partake cannabis. However, the benefits that come with vaping are so evident. Vaporizers are not only easy to use but also produce fewer irritants when compared to smoking.
In short, vaping is the better method of partaking cannabis for new users or even for people suffering from serious medical disorders. Obviously, as the use of cannabis becomes trendier, so will the adoption of vaporizers.